ABOUT SHAWNEE CHRISTIAN HEALTH CENTER
The Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center (SCHC) seeks to transform the community by sharing the love of Christ in word and deed, to facilitate community development and holistic healthcare through the empowerment of the residents in the community.
Role of Behavioral Health Assistant:
The Behavioral Health Assistant works to connect SCHC staff and clients. The Behavioral Health Assistant works with the Behavioral Health Director to assist in providing wholistic care for the patient. You will have the ability to help with assessments for patients that come into the office and assist with follow up with patients. This position is a good mix of administrative and client interaction.
Responsibilities of Behavioral Health Assistant:
- Assists with assessments with patients
- Uploads information to charts for doctors and other health care providers
- Help with planning of additional services to offer
- Refer patients to other services within SCHC or outside when necessary
- Works one-on-one with patients with short term needs
- Assist in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public
- Some local travel required to attend meetings and trainings, visit other SCHC clinics, health fairs and/or attend community events
- Can assist with meeting with patients in prayer room
- Other duties as assigned
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.