ABOUT SHAWNEE CHRISTIAN HEALTH CENTER
The Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center (SCHC) seeks to transform the community by sharing the love of Christ in word and deed, to facilitate community development and holistic healthcare through the empowerment of the residents in the community.
Role of Case Management Assistant:
The Case Management Assistant is a care team member with unique responsibilities that indirectly touch all aspects of patient care. The Case Management Assistant embraces a team-based approach and is comfortable working as part of the patient care team. The functions of this position include care coordination, patient phone calls, and quality improvement.
Responsibilities of Case Management Assistant:
- Uses internal and external reports to identify patients with care gaps or in need of additional services
- Conducts outreach to patients through phone calls, letters, and other means
- Communicates care gaps to health care team to ensure they are addressed during clinic visits
- Works with the front office to schedule patient appointments
- Works closely with medical and dental Patient Care Teams to improve quality outcomes
- Understands population health and works collaboratively with the health care team to promote health and wellness
- Assist in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public
- Some local travel required to attend meetings and trainings, visit other SCHC clinics, or attend community events
- Can assist with the meeting with patients in prayer room
- Other duties as assigned
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.