ABOUT SHAWNEE CHRISTIAN HEALTH CENTER
The Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center (SCHC) seeks to transform the community by sharing the love of Christ in word and deed, to facilitate community development and holistic healthcare through the empowerment of the residents in the community.
Role of Clinical Office Assistant:
The Clinical Office Assistant is responsible for maintaining good and timely patient check-in & check-out. This position gets patients through the checked in process. You are also the first face to greet patients as they come in the door so creating a warm and welcoming environment is also a big part of the job. This is a great mix of admin and relational work.
Responsibilities of Clinical Office Assistant:
- Greets patients in a courteous and friendly manner
- Ensure contact information is up to date
- Assist in answering phones and making phone calls
- Assist in scheduling with patients
- Ensure lobby is kept clean and orderly
- Filing, faxing and scanning paperwork
- Assist with medical form questions
- Assist with text-based communications
- Share with patients upcoming events/surveys/programs available in the neighborhood
- Fax prescription requests and call in medication for patients as needed
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Take prayer requests from patients as they check-in
- Can assist with meeting with patients in prayer room
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public
- Some local travel required to attend meetings and trainings, visit other SCHC clinics, health fairs and/or attend community events
- Other duties as assigned
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.