About Sojourn Church Midtown
Sojourn Church Midtown started in 2000, engaging the people of our urban neighborhoods with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We care about the souls of men and women first, but also physical needs, music, the arts, and community life. We exist to reach people with the gospel, build them together as a multicultural church, and send leaders, church planters, and missionaries all over the world as well as send our members into Louisville as witnesses to the gospel. Since 2012, Sojourn Church Midtown has been located in the Shelby Park neighborhood, which is a diverse and urban neighborhood in the most impoverished zip code of Louisville. The church has a conviction and a vision to be a place where all residents of Shelby Park feel loved and welcome, and since moving to Shelby Park, church leaders have been shepherding their members towards gospel reconciliation and discipleship across all cultural lines.
Sojourn College is the college ministry of Sojourn Church Midtown. Sojourn College is an intentional effort to take the church’s mission to college campuses in the Louisville metro area. They accomplish this primarily through weekly community groups on or near college campuses, discipleship, a monthly large group called SC Gathered, and integrating college students into the life of Sojourn Church Midtown. You can learn more about Sojourn College here: http://sojourncollege.com/
Role of College Ministry Assistant:
The College Ministry Assistant will assist the Director of College Ministry with a variety of tasks. They will help ensure college ministry at the church is run smoothly and efficiently. They will help create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere for college students. This would be a good fit for someone who is hungry to learn and grow and proactively looks for ways to serve and perhaps wants to serve in a ministry position in the future and someone who is administratively gifted — able to bring organization and anticipate needs. This role is for someone who is energetic, relational, organized, passionate about evangelism and discipleship, and self-directed. This is a perfect position for someone pursuing a career in missions, church ministry, youth or college ministry, or non-profit administration.
Responsibilities of College Ministry Assistant:
- Serve as an admin assistant to the Director of College Ministry
- Prep for SC Gathered — attend sermon planning meetings, print handouts, manage preaching and worship calendar, organize student volunteers, plan food, etc.
- Help coordinate college community groups — aid in connecting new students to CGs, managing CG analytics, tracking new students, etc.
- Assist with student leadership team meetings— attend planning meetings, print handouts, prepare food.
- Assist with coordinating the discipleship program — aid in connecting students with Sojourn Members for discipleship, assist in planning and coordinating training meetings for Sojourn members.
- Assist with social media presence & website updates — create yearly social media strategy with College staff team, schedule posts, gather stories, etc.
- Help with special events – Fall retreat, staff retreat, summer, and spring break trips
- Assist the Director of College Ministry with needs as they come up
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.