ABOUT SHAWNEE CHRISTIAN HEALTH CENTER
The Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center (SCHC) seeks to transform the community by sharing the love of Christ in word and deed, to facilitate community development and holistic healthcare through the empowerment of the residents in the community.
Role of Community Health Worker Assistant:
The Community Health Worker Assistant works to connect SCHC clients with the community and the resources they offer. This includes one-on-one interactions clients to help them accomplish certain goals. You are helping clients create plans, accomplish them and problem solve and life coach along the way. This position is highly relational with some administrative work.
Responsibilities of Community Health Worker Assistant:
- Advocating for services needed for client
- Address their needs with them in the community
- Create attainable goals and help put together a step-by-step plan
- Works one-on-one with patients with complex, long term goals
- Assist in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public
- Some local travel required to attend meetings and trainings, visit other SCHC clinics, health fairs and/or attend community events
- Can assist with meeting with patients in prayer room
- Other duties as assigned
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.