About Refuge Louisville
Refuge International empowers local churches to see refugees and immigrants thrive in Louisville and beyond. Their aim is to empower community partners to journey alongside refugees for long term sustainability. They desire to model neighborly love as they empower refugees toward greater independence and cultural acclimation.
Role of Events Assistant:
The Events Assistant with help to plan and implement a variety of outreach events for refugee and immigrant families. This role will help execute existing events and help create new events. This role is highly administrative and detail oriented.
Responsibilities of Events Assistant:
- Assist with annual soccer tournament,
- Plan and implement multiple women’s only salon days,
- Plan and implement an eye clinic,
- Plan and implement an annual health clinic,
- Assist with volunteer orientations
- Create new events
- Assist with recruiting & organizing volunteers for events
This internship is a part of a whole life support system
- 25-30 hrs/wk you will be serving with this nonprofit
- 15 hrs/wk you will be serving in your neighborhood
- 15 hrs/wk you will be spending time in personal growth & discipleship