About Seeds to Oak
Seed to Oaks is a non-profit that brings real and lasting community change through a collaboration between local churches, businesses and civic agencies, filling the space between the three.
We help socially-driven pastors and professionals connect and mobilize their resources through guided social initiatives. These initiatives are proven, strategic and straight forward to implement; designed as a sustainable means for community change that is real and measurable.
Job One is an employment placement program that can be operated through a church, in collaboration with local businesses. For churches, Job One provides a ministry that can places members and community into full-time employment. For businesses, Job One increases revenue, reduces expenses and provides qualified employees when you need them most. Job One is ideal for churches or Christians who want to mentor people who need a job and for business owners or companies who need employees. Our business model is unique in that we focus on in-demand jobs currently not being filled. This leads to a 90% placement rate among candidates seeking employment. Using relationships forged at both the professional and local church level, we blend the best of discipleship, accountability, community organizing and human service providers to increase retention rates.
Role of Job Training Program Assistant
To gain a working exposure within a Kingdom-focused organization that is creating professional, church- guided programs to combat poverty and strengthen the local church’s relationship to its community. To insure successful execution of Seed to Oaks programs and events, using proprietary materials and guidance by Seed to Oaks’ leadership and managers. During times when no scheduled Job One events or meetings are planned; participant will create, edit, and strengthen both documents and templates for use in expanding Seed to Oaks’ reach in the country. With interest in Job One, the intern will be given the opportunity to assist and observe the Job One branch leader to achieve a greater understanding for work within this area.
Responsibilities of Job Training Program Assistant
- Responsible for assisting the program manager with recruiting, training, and following up with potential Job One candidates (those seeking employment)
- Take notes during meetings if need be and also have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Assist in updating reports, along with monitoring performance metrics
- Must be flexible and have the ability to take on multiple assignments from day to day.
- Must be willing to travel locally for meetings and or for networking/marketing purposes.
- Responsible for updating Job One social media presence.
- Represent Job One at career fairs, festivals, and events, etc.
- Ability to work with candidates from ethnically diverse backgrounds and share appreciation for their backgrounds
- Strong organizational management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Capacity to work independently, and within teams, to facilitate progress towards goal-directed objectives
- Ability to lift, move, carry small totes, or furniture items
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.