About Refuge Louisville
Refuge International empowers local churches to see refugees and immigrants thrive in Louisville and beyond. Their aim is to empower community partners to journey alongside refugees for long term sustainability. They desire to model neighborly love as they empower refugees toward greater independence and cultural acclimation.
Role of Journalism Assistant:
The Journalism Assistant is primarily in charge of telling the stories of Refuge.
Responsibilities of Journalism Assistant:
- Gather stories from staff, volunteers & refugee families
- Create & schedule blog posts
- Create donor mailers from stories
- Create donor thank you letters from stories
- Assist with captions for social media posts
- Work with Executive Director to tell stories
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.