About Orphan Care Alliance:
Orphan Care Alliance (OCA) equips Christians and connects them with opportunities to care for fatherless children and family preservation. We desire to see every child have a home and know the love of a family with the body of Christ leading the efforts. Knowing that welcoming a child into your home is not for every family, OCA provides opportunities to engage in orphan care whether its adopting or advocating.
OCA is equips people for adoption and fostering, provides training for care for foster and adoptive families and connect those families, churches and local businesses with the necessary resources.
Role of Marketing Assistant:
Intern will work alongside the Marketing Coordinator to plan and organize fundraising and volunteer appreciation events, and strategize community marketing and expanding OCA’s reach. Intern will assist in planning and executing events including meal prep, decoration, set-up, etc. as well as strategize social media outreach and other marketing techniques. Intern will also assist with childcare for events and there are opportunities to lead bible study groups for children in foster care group homes.
Responsibilities of Marketing Assistant:
- Assisting with meal prep for events
- Assisting with set-up & tear-down for events
- Assist with marketing adoption & foster care awareness/advocacy events
- Assist with marketing volunteer needs for events
- Assisting with marketing volunteer appreciation events
- Acquiring silent auction donations
- Create & maintain a positive social media presence
- Create a safe, welcoming and caring environment
- Opportunities to lead a Bible study for children/youth in group foster care homes
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.