About Orphan Care Alliance:
Orphan Care Alliance (OCA) equips Christians and connects them with opportunities to care for fatherless children and family preservation. We desire to see every child have a home and know the love of a family with the body of Christ leading the efforts. Knowing that welcoming a child into your home is not for every family, OCA provides opportunities to engage in orphan care whether its adopting or advocating.
OCA is equips people for adoption and fostering, provides training for care for foster and adoptive families and connect those families, churches and local businesses with the necessary resources.
Role of Networking Assistant:
Intern will assist OCA staff in planning and working events to recruit foster families as well as working with local foster homes. Opportunities to mentor a foster child one-on-one are available as well as leading a weekly Bible study for children & youth in a group foster care home.
Responsibilities of Networking Assistant:
- Planning events to recruit foster families
- Working events to recruit foster families
- Assist with & recruit volunteers to do childcare for events as needed
- Sit in on foster care training and assist leaders as needed
- Lead Bible studies and other group activities for foster homes
- Plan new events for recruiting
- Represent OCA at local churches
- Create a safe, welcoming and caring environment
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.