About Love Thy Neighborhood
Love Thy Neighborhood is an urban missions agency for young adults, ages 18-30, impacting homelessness, the adult entertainment industry, crisis pregnancy, orphan care, healthcare, refugees, low-income housing, education, sports & recreation, neighborhood renewal, book editing & publishing, podcasting, visual arts, media & design and nonprofit leadership. We equip and mobilize the next generation of Christian leaders to work with the poor, the suffering and the marginalized in our city.
They equip and mobilize the next generation of Christian leaders to work with the poor, the suffering and the marginalized in our city. Believing that relationships change lives, Love Thy Neighborhood emphasizes spending time with neighbors, the local church, each other and the Lord.
Role of Program Assistant:
The Program Assistant is responsible for assisting and coming alongside the Program Director to ensure the program runs smoothly and efficiently.
Responsibilities of Program Assistant:
- Assist Program Director with various tasks
- Schedule Gathered speakers and worship leaders
- Order program supplies – curriculum, dining ware for meals
- Fill monthly grocery/gas Kroger cards for teams
- Fill biweekly Kroger cards for teams
- Ensure Soul Care calendar is implemented
- Set-up FB Live and Instagram Live for biweekly Gathered
- Identify potential future Service Sites
- Create criteria for Service Sites and dismissal process
- Create needed documents for program
- Print weekly reflections
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.