ServeLouisville harnesses the power of volunteers and groups to remodel existing homes and build on abandoned lots in Louisville. Through a partnership with Fuller Center for Housing and local churches, we make a sustainable impact on the lives of families and the communities we serve.
Above all else, ServeLouisville serves as a doorway for churches and individuals seeking volunteer opportunities in Louisville’s West End. Participants are involved in home renovation, construction, outreach activities, service in inner city organizations and other community transformation activities.
Role of Program Assistant:
Intern will assist primarily in the ServeLouisville home office and occasionally at a home construction site in Louisville. Intern will primarily focus on assisting with community transformation efforts – including home construction events, small renovation projects and community outreach. Intern will also assist with content development and marketing through storytelling and social media.
Program Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assist the director with storytelling and social media
- Assist in planning and running various building events
- planning and implementing programming for mission group
- planning and implementing programming for homeowners
- maintaining a safe and organized office & work site
- maintain a working knowledge of all project sites and staff
- unifying staff and participants with ministries served
- building connections with other ministries
- ensuring viable volunteer opportunities are available
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.