About Re:Center Ministries
Re:Center is an organization dedicated to the Christian belief that we have a duty to help the less fortunate. In our case, we rely on the gospel to help prevent homelessness, provide relief to the homeless, and rehabilitate the homeless population by repairing their relationship with Christ.
Role of Recovery Program Assistant
Interns serving in this position will serve under the LifeChange Program Director and assist with keeping the program running smoothly. Intern will ensure the program is a welcoming and encouraging environment for the men going through the LifeChange program. The Intern is responsible for supporting the LifeChange program, as well as providing support to Thrift ‘n’ Thrive while LifeChange residents are serving at the store. This position requires good organizational and administrative skills while possessing the ability to identify, assess and resolve crises, when necessary. This is a highly relational position.
Responsibilities of Recovery Program Assistant
- Building relationships with the men in the program and direct them to the supportive services staff offering counseling, life skill building and recovery-related support when necessary
- Investing in the lives of the LifeChange residents through informal counseling/encouraging
- Taking attendance in classes
- Can lead some work-out classes
- Can lead some classes
- Can lead Bible studies
- Assist with program admin, client intake & reporting
- Assist Director with class schedule, Bible studies, curriculum, counseling schedule
- Transport the LifeChange residents to Thrift ‘n’ Thrive (thrift store) for work assignments
- Oversee and help the LifeChange residents at Thrift ‘n’ Thrive
- Plan special events for the men in the program
- Other duties as assigned from supervisor
*This position is for men only.
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.