About Love Thy Neighborhood
Love Thy Neighborhood is an urban missions agency for young adults, ages 18-30, impacting a variety of social justice causes. We equip and mobilize the next generation of Christian leaders to work with the poor, the suffering and the marginalized in our city.
They equip and mobilize the next generation of Christian leaders to work with the poor, the suffering and the marginalized in our city. Believing that relationships change lives, Love Thy Neighborhood emphasizes spending time with neighbors, the local church, each other and the Lord.
Role of Recruitment Events Assistant
The Recruitment Assistant is responsible for overseeing the promotion calendar. This person would ensure that LTN is promoting and recruiting through applicable venues in the coming year. In addition you will assist with cultivating and nurturing a good relationship with applicants and making them feel valued and heard. You will be doing a lot of communication with applicants via email, phone, Skype and sometimes face-to-face meetings. You will also be assisting in the back end of the application & interview process.
Responsibilities of Recruitment Events Assistant
- Contact college professors, church ministry leaders & campus ministry leaders about applicable Recruitment Events
- Research and propose applicable conferences to Recruitment Manager
- Book travel dates for LTN
- Book speaking dates for Executive Director
- Book conference dates & workshops
- Keep promotional materials organized and up to date
- Order promotional materials when needed
- Schedule and coordinate specific Team Members to attend various Recruitment Events
- Book lodging and travel arrangements for Recruitment Events
- Calling & nurturing applicants
- Schedule interviews
- Making & sending acceptance packets
- Keeping the Airtable doc up to date
- Brainstorm new ideas for nurturing and cultivating applicants
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.