About Orphan Care Alliance:
Orphan Care Alliance (OCA) equips Christians and connects them with opportunities to care for fatherless children and family preservation. We desire to see every child have a home and know the love of a family with the body of Christ leading the efforts. Knowing that welcoming a child into your home is not for every family, OCA provides opportunities to engage in orphan care whether its adopting or advocating.
OCA is equips people for adoption and fostering, provides training for care for foster and adoptive families and connect those families, churches and local businesses with the necessary resources.
Role of Research Assistant:
Intern will assist OCA in finding and engaging with churches in the area. Intern will research and organize church information, work with Director of Ministry Development to make contact with churches, and other various projects related to church identification for OCA.
Responsibilities of Research Assistant:
- Assist with researching local resources for foster/adoptive parents
- Assist with creating a guide for local churches about the resources available in their community
- Assist churches with how to for relationships with local resources
- Assist with communicating volunteer needs from local resources
- Network with local churches
- Create a safe, welcoming and caring environment
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.