About Love Thy Neighborhood
Love Thy Neighborhood is an urban missions agency for young adults, ages 18-30, impacting homelessness, the adult entertainment industry, crisis pregnancy, orphan care, healthcare, refugees, low-income housing, education, sports & recreation, neighborhood renewal, book editing & publishing, podcasting, visual arts, media & design and nonprofit leadership. We equip and mobilize the next generation of Christian leaders to work with the poor, the suffering and the marginalized in our city.
They equip and mobilize the next generation of Christian leaders to work with the poor, the suffering and the marginalized in our city. Believing that relationships change lives, Love Thy Neighborhood emphasizes spending time with neighbors, the local church, each other and the Lord.
Role of Blog Assistant:
The Blog Assistant is responsible for overseeing the blog portion of the Love Thy Neighborhood website. The Blog Assistant seeks to create and publish excellent content for the website and get it into the hands of others. Your goal is to make the LTN blog the place that young adults come for advice and relevant articles. The Social Media Assistant is responsible for overseeing the social media presence of LTN on all platforms. They are responsible for making sure posts go out on time, grammar is correct and we are utilizing all applicable avenues to promote LTN. The Social Media Assistant will work to gather stories from Team Members, Staff, Alumni, Service Sites and other for social media.
Responsibilities of Blog Assistant:
- Create a blog schedule
- Read through Team Member newsletters and find content for blogs
- Create and publish blogs
- Find photos for blog posts
- Edit past blogs
- Brainstorm ideas for new content and new themes
- Contact Alumni, Staff, Board, Team Members and others to guest write for the blog
- Schedule all posts
- Review and spell check all posts
- Gather appropriate stories and photos/videos (work with Media + Design interns)
- Meet with Team Members, Staff, Alumni, Service Sites, etc to gather stories for social media
- Promote blogs, donations, Recruitment Events and application deadlines regularly
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.