About Orphan Care Alliance:
Orphan Care Alliance (OCA) equips Christians and connects them with opportunities to care for fatherless children and family preservation. We desire to see every child have a home and know the love of a family with the body of Christ leading the efforts. Knowing that welcoming a child into your home is not for every family, OCA provides opportunities to engage in orphan care whether its adopting or advocating.
OCA is equips people for adoption and fostering, provides training for care for foster and adoptive families and connect those families, churches and local businesses with the necessary resources.
Role of Events Coordinator Assistant:
Intern will assist OCA staff with a variety of events they put on to support foster and adoption families. Some travel may be required occasionally but OCA has a vehicle for LTN interns to use.
Responsibilities of Events Coordinator Assistant:
- Assisting with planning of volunteer appreciation events
- Assisting with planning of foster care training events
- Assisting with planning of adoption care training events
- Assisting with planning of advocacy events
- Assisting with planning of annual banquet fundraiser
- Acquiring silent auction donations
- Assisting with childcare needs for various trainings
- Opportunities to lead a weekly activity & Bible study in a foster care home
- creating a safe, welcoming and caring environment
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.