About Sojourn Collective
Sojourn Collective is a family of five interdependent local churches who work together for maximum gospel impact in the greater Louisville area. The churches within Sojourn Collective are Sojourn Church Carlisle, Sojourn Church East, Sojourn Church J-Town, Sojourn Church Midtown, and Sojourn Church New Albany. The mission of Sojourn Collective is to reach people with the gospel, build them up as the church, and send them into the world. We exist to magnify the transforming power of the gospel in our members, neighbors, and our world, through vibrant local churches. The Sojourn Collective Support team manages the areas of Finance, Accounting, Communications, Technology, Facilities, and Operations for all of the local churches of Sojourn Collective.
Role of Information Technology (IT) Intern
The IT Intern will assist the Director of IT at Sojourn Collective with various IT duties in order to support the staff of five local churches of Sojourn Collective, as well as the Sojourn Collective staff. They will help with maintenance and management of all IT equipment at all of the five churches, but the position will be based out of the office of Sojourn Collective.
Duties of IT Intern
- Provide technical support for hardware, software, and networks
- Help manage inventory of end-user devices and other assets
- Assist with new technology-related projects and initiatives as needed
- Review and document systems and processes related to IT operations and support
- Work with end-users to troubleshoot and triage technical issues as needed
- Device setup and management including installation of OS and other software and services
Necessary Skills & Qualifications
- Experience installing, configuring, and administering computer operating systems and software (Mac OS preferred)
- G-Suite administration (or similar admin experience such as Office 365)
- Strong technical writing skills required for documenting IT processes and end-user guides
- Basic understanding of computer networking
- Programming experience (desired but not required)
- Pursuing a Computer Science or similar degree and a career in IT
- Must provide a school transcript, including all IT-related coursework
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.