About Hope Place
Hope Collaborative was launched at the end of 2017 with the goal of supporting churches and removing barriers to their engagement responding to needs of their communities.
Hope Collaborative currently provides 2 specific programs with plans to develop others in the near future. The first is the Public Schools Outreach which mobilizes the church to serve in public schools as mentors and volunteers. The second, Hope Place, involves outreach and services to meet the needs of the South Louisville community.
Role of Women’s Fitness & Outreach Intern:
Women’s Fitness & Outreach Intern will help assist with the women’s only gym at Hope Place.
Responsibilities of Women’s Fitness & Outreach Intern:
- Outreach in the surrounding neighborhood & refugee/international population.
- Build relationships with the women who come to the gym.
- Participate and help start women’s group.
- Help start (and lead) women’s fitness classes.
- Help grow the gym by canvasing the neighborhood, visiting local businesses, making phone calls, sending post-cards, etc..
- Recruit volunteers
- Participate in outreach opportunities to surrounding neighborhood apartment complexes and the international population.
- Work with staff to continuously create new events and opportunities to meet the needs of the community.
- Praying around the neighborhood.
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.