About Sojourn Arts & Culture
This internship is through Sojourn Arts & Culture. Sojourn Arts & Culture wants to equip artists within the local church with the knowledge, skills, materials, and opportunities needed to create artworks that will express their faith, serve the church, and renew culture. Part of this includes making visual art for our Sunday services and other gathered worship opportunities. The first thing we learn about God in the Bible is that He created the universe and everything in it. God made all humans in His image, creative like God. We want to equip people to utilize their creativity to honor God and benefit other people.
Responsibilities of Visual Arts Intern:
Interns will assist with visual arts events in the church and community as well as work on personal projects. Interns will support the mission of Sojourn Arts, learning how to engage artists and the church while developing their own skills as an artist.
Duties of Visual Arts Intern:
- Assist with exhibit installation and de-installation
- Assist with creative lecture series
- Engage the church community
- Assist in liturgical art planning and installation
- Assist with art projects at area nonprofits
- Co-plan participatory art projects for the city and community
- Assist in volunteer recruitment
- Opportunity to create a community art group
- Create your own personal art work
- Curate an exhibit that will run 6-8 weeks at the church
*Portfolio submission is required for this position.
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.