About Hope Place
Hope Place empowers local churches to meet needs in South Louisville. Imagine having the opportunity to serve the nations without ever needing to get on a plane. A place where many languages are spoken and love is felt. This is what you will find at Hope Place.
Role of Volunteer Assistant:
Volunteer Assistant will assist with volunteer recruitment and organization at Hope Place.
Responsibilities of Volunteer Assistant:
- Organize volunteer data entry
- Assist with volunteer events
- Outreach in neighborhoods & with international population
- Coordinate volunteers
- Encourage volunteers through cards, emails, phone-calls, special events.
- Recruit volunteers – via local churches and the community
- Participate in outreach opportunities to surrounding neighborhood apartment complexes and the international population
- Work with staff to continuously create new events and opportunities to meet the needs of the community
- Praying around the neighborhood
- Some social media tasks may be required
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.