About Refuge Louisville
Refuge International empowers local churches to see refugees and immigrants thrive in Louisville and beyond. Their aim is to empower community partners to journey alongside refugees for long term sustainability. They desire to model neighborly love as they empower refugees toward greater independence and cultural acclimation.
Role of Volunteer Assistant:
Volunteer Assistant will assist with volunteer recruitment and organization as well as doing intake of current volunteer needs with refugee families.
Responsibilities of Volunteer Assistant:
- Assist with cultural training,
- Assist with intake of needs from refugee families,
- Organize volunteer data entry,
- Assist with marketing volunteer needs
- Assist with marketing for volunteer events
- Networking with churches,
- Assist with monthly volunteer orientation
- Some social media tasks with be required
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.