ServeLouisville harnesses the power of volunteers and groups to remodel existing homes and build on abandoned lots in Louisville. Through a partnership with Fuller Center for Housing and local churches, we make a sustainable impact on the lives of families and the communities we serve.
Above all else, ServeLouisville serves as a doorway for churches and individuals seeking volunteer opportunities in Louisville’s West End. Participants are involved in home renovation, construction, outreach activities, service in inner city organizations and other community transformation activities.
Role of Volunteer Care Assistant:
Intern will assist ServeLouisville staff with volunteer coordinating. Intern will serve primarily at a work site each day. The work site could vary from day to day. Intern will assist with the care and management of individual local volunteers and mission trip groups.
Program Volunteer Care Responsibilities:
- Ensure volunteer groups are cared for
- Assist in planning and running various building events
- maintaining a safe and organized office & work site
- maintain a working knowledge of all project sites and staff
- unifying staff and participants with ministries served
- building connections with other ministries
- ensuring viable volunteer opportunities are available
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.