About Refuge Louisville
Refuge International empowers local churches to see refugees and immigrants thrive in Louisville and beyond. Their aim is to empower community partners to journey alongside refugees for long term sustainability. They desire to model neighborly love as they empower refugees toward greater independence and cultural acclimation.
Role of Welcome Center Assistant:
This role is for those who want to be available for needs that arise. This is a more relationally minded position. Each day will look different as you just respond to the needs that come.
Responsibilities of Welcome Center Assistant:
- Be available for refugee needs that arise
- Provide tutoring for kids as needed
- Provide assistance with citizenship tests as needed
- Be available as an ear to listen
- Keep Welcome Center neat and tidy
- Pass out fliers to neighborhood to let people know about the Welcome Center
- Organize Welcome Center volunteers
*French or Arabic translator helpful but not necessary.
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.