About Re:Center Ministries
Founded in 1881, Re:Center Ministries (formerly known as Louisville Rescue Mission) reconciles homeless and hurting people to God, family, and community by the power of Christ in partnership with the local church. Re:Center’s programs offer hope for a better life through campuses in both Louisville and Southern Indiana. Programs span a continuum of care – from prevention to relief to recovery – and provide holistic, high-impact answers to the problem of homelessness in our communities.
Role of Women’s Shelter Program Assistant
“Interns serving in this position assist the Women’s Drop In Program Director in running the Women’s Drop In Program. You will help create a safe and welcoming space for homeless women and their children. This is highly relational and there is lots of freedom to create new classes and activities for this program.
Responsibilities of Women’s Shelter Program Assistant
- Building relationships with the women & children
- Informal counseling/encouraging
- Leading & assisting with devotionals & Bible study
- Surveys & research for women & family programming
- Special activities with ladies & children
- Checking mail
- Assisting with laundry service
- Assisting with shower service
- Assisting with luggage storage service
- Playing with kids
- some volunteer management
*This position is for women only.
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.