About Hope Place
Hope Collaborative was launched at the end of 2017 with the goal of supporting churches and removing barriers to their engagement responding to needs of their communities.
Hope Collaborative currently provides 2 specific programs with plans to develop others in the near future. The first is the Public Schools Outreach which mobilizes the church to serve in public schools as mentors and volunteers. The second, Hope Place, involves outreach and services to meet the needs of the South Louisville community.
Role of Children’s Programs Intern:
Children’s Programs Intern will help assist with the various programs for children at Hope Place.
Responsibilities of Children’s Programs Intern:
- Outreach in the surrounding neighborhood & refugee/international population.
- Helping to implementing new programs and working in existing programs to reach out to neighborhood youth and families.
- Participate in outreach opportunities to surrounding neighborhood apartment complexes and the international population.
- Work with staff to continuously create new events and opportunities to meet the needs of the community.
- Recruiting volunteers from local churches and organizations.
- Helping to plan after-school programming (help teach/tutor on occasion when time allows)
- Canvassing Neighborhood
- Praying around the neighborhood.
- School Liaison–Build relationships with local schools, strengthen existing ties, attend community gatherings
- Administrative tasks
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.