About Sojourn Collective
Sojourn Collective is a family of five interdependent local churches who work together for maximum gospel impact in the greater Louisville area. The churches within Sojourn Collective are Sojourn Church Carlisle, Sojourn Church East, Sojourn Church J-Town, Sojourn Church Midtown, and Sojourn Church New Albany. The mission of Sojourn Collective is to reach people with the gospel, build them up as the church, and send them into the world. We exist to magnify the transforming power of the gospel in our members, neighbors, and our world, through vibrant local churches. The Sojourn Collective Support team manages the areas of Finance, Accounting, Communications, Technology, Facilities, and Operations for all of the local churches of Sojourn Collective.
Role of Communications Intern
The Communications Intern will assist the Director of Communications with various church communications projects for all five local churches of Sojourn Collective, which may include visual, written, and social media, and other projects. They will be assessed by the Director, then assignments will be tailored to areas where they are highly skilled and areas where they would like to be developed. All applicants to the role of Communications Intern will be required to submit relevant portfolio materials during the application process (see examples below).
Duties of Communications Intern
- Assist with graphic design, layout, and illustration projects
- Assist with photography and photo editing projects
- Assist with videography, screencasts, and video editing projects
- Assist with social media and web projects
- Assist with content/copy editing or writing projects
- Assist with communications promotional planning
- Be developed in areas related to art, media, writing, software, and other communications skills as needed, depending on the individual’s strengths or weaknesses
- Assist with miscellaneous communications and administrative tasks
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.