About Sojourn Church Midtown
Sojourn Church Midtown started in 2000 engaging the people of our neighborhoods with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We care about the souls of men and women first but also physical needs, music, the arts, and community life. We exist to reach people with the gospel, be built together as a multi-cultural church, and send leaders, church planters, and missionaries all over the world as well as send our members everyday into every walk of life here in Louisville as witnesses to the gospel and part of the family of Sojourn.
Role of Sending Ministries Intern:
The Sending Ministries Intern will serve alongside the Sending team at Sojourn Church Midtown to serve the ministries of mercy, church planting, and international missions. The Sending team consists of the Pastor of Sending, Associate Director of International Missions, Director of Mercy, and the Missions Collective Administrator.
This role will include event organization, communications, and other administrative tasks.
Responsibilities of Sending Ministries Intern:
- Help plan and execute events. This includes: organizing volunteers, printing materials, ordering food, set up and tear down, inventory management, attending planning team meetings, etc.
- Helping the Missions Administrator plan and execute the triennial global retreat for Sojourn Missionaries.
- Serve alongside the Director of Mercy helping put on several events throughout the year for the Shelby Park neighborhood.
- Assist staff with church communications including newsletter updates, emails, social media, website maintenance, etc.
- Assist with local church benevolence inquiries.
- Assist with promotion of events during Sunday services
- And other administrative tasks assigned by the Sending Team
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.