About Scarlet Hope
Scarlet Hope exists to share the hope and love of Jesus Christ with women who work in the adult entertainment industry. Through holistic care and gospel-centered career development, Scarlet Hope’s vision is to see every woman know her identity in Christ and follow after Jesus, making disciples who make disciples.
89% of women who work in adult entertainment want to leave the industry, but on average a woman will leave and return seven times before she leaves for good. To break that cycle, Scarlet Hope works to share the hope of the gospel with women and to give them the resources they need to make that change. With that goal in mind, Scarlet Hope has three main areas of ministry: Outreach, Career Development, and Operations.
- OUTREACH: Each Thursday, the Outreach team of Scarlet Hope staff and volunteers go to where women are working, bring them a hot meal, and show them friendship and the hope of the gospel. As Scarlet Hope builds relationships with women in the industry, they provide basic level needs such as food, clothing, case management, and spiritual and career development. The Outreach program is also expanding to include women working online, as well as women who are incarcerated in the prison system.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Scarlet Hope’s Career Development Program is a 12-month program for women who have left the industry, where they can transition into a new career. The program includes classes in job skills, biblical studies, and life skills. Participants also receive mentoring, counseling, and case management. Real-world job skills training is provided through job site partners. The goal of the Career Development Program is to equip women to move into any career they desire.
- OPERATIONS: The Operations Department of Scarlet Hope facilitates all of the administrative needs of the ministry, including donor relations, communications, fundraising, facilities, human resources, organizing workgroups and volunteers, and other operational needs.
Role of Scarlet Hope Social Media Intern:
The Scarlet Hope Social Media intern is a vital role in communication with our volunteers, supporters, and community. This position helps to create captions and media to be presented on all of the Facebook and Instagram accounts of our ministry.
This role is for someone who is creative, with the ability to write and curate captions for different audiences, easily able to maintain deadlines. This is a great role for someone wanting to pursue social media management, communications, marketing, or content creation as a career. Strong editing and writing skills as well as some graphic design experience is preferred for this position.
- Content creation and implementation of posts for Scarlet Hope Louisville Instagram overseen by the Program Facilitator
- Content creation and implementation of posts for the Church Ladies instagram account overseen by the Outreach Director
- Assisting the Scarlet Hope Network in the creation and implementation of posts for Scarlet Hope Network
- Assisting in media and design projects for events
- Assisting in marketing projects overseen by the Donor Relations Manager
- Managing a Buffer account
- Weekly and monthly supervision meetings
- Some photography and media design
- Assistance with front desk administrative work
*This position is for women only
The above description is 50% of the LTN program.
On average, LTN interns spend 25-30 hours per week at their internship, 15 hours per week serving their neighborhood, and 15 hours per week on personal growth and development. To understand the LTN program, we recommend you view our program page.